Coatings And Paint For Metal Roofs
Get The Longest Lasting Paint For Metal Roofs, Buildings, And Structures
Are you looking for the best paint for a metal roof or building? By using the right paint, you can significantly extend the life of your weathered or rusted metal standing seam roof or building while giving it a great new look. In cases where the integrity of the metal has been compromised, our coatings can actually bond to, and strengthen, rusted metal, galvanized steel, or galvalume therefore inhibiting corrosion for many years.
Our architectural grade top coats can be custom tinted and have unsurpassed gloss/color retention. When you need more than just regular paint, we have the solution…
Rust Grip® and Enamo Grip can be used to breath new life into an older metal roof and protect it for many years. Both coatings can be easily applied with a brush, roller, or sprayer. In the project below, after some basic prep, Rust Grip® was applied to encapsulate the rust and the firmly bonded paint. Then Enamo Grip was applied over the Rust Grip®. For this project, Enamo Grip was custom tinted to a metallic finish to match a new roof on an adjacent building.
Before and After…
“I want to thank you for all the support I have received from you. I live on the Gulf Coast on water front property. When I built this house in 2002 and put a metal standing seam roof in it, I thought would last 30 years. The bottom edges were rusting badly by 2014. I found out about Rust Grip online and contacted you. A year and a half later it still looks like the day I put it on. The best money I ever spent. I would highly recommend Rust Grip to anyone with a rust problem. Thanks again, Mike Cooper”
Need more information? We look forward to helping you get the best results for your project.
- Rust Grip® – As a three-coats-in-one system, Rust Grip® acts as a primer, intermediate, and topcoat which strengthens surfaces to 6780 psi (473 bar) when fully cured. Almost twice as hard as concrete – 3500 psi by comparison. You can apply it directly over rusted metal/steel surfaces or existing paint, with no sandblasting required. With a 15,000 hour salt spray test rating, Rust Grip® is one of the most effective anti-rust/anti-corrosion coatings. Especially in heavy salt / salt air (marine) environments. More…
- Enamo Grip – A high performance, two-part architectural grade polyurethane enamel that is an excellent choice for a high quality roof top coat. Enamo Grip has excellent gloss retention and resistant to scuffs/impact. It cures with a self leveling finish that can be tinted to any exact color specification. More…
Roof and Structural Painting FAQ
1. What is the best way to paint a metal roof, building, or structure that has rust?
- Preparation is important. Remove any heavy/loose rust, loose paint, paint chips, etc. so that at a minimum, surfaces are brought to a combination of tight surface rust, firmly bonded paint, and some bare metal. Then power wash. If you are in a coastal area where there may be salt exposure, it is important to power wash with a salt remover as power washing alone will not remove all salts from the metal. Even traces of salt will accelerate corrosion under all paints.
- Areas where there is rust, bare metal, or cracked paint can be spot primed, encapsulated, and locked down with Rust Grip.
- As Rust Grip has aluminum in it, is light grey with a matte finish. If you are looking for pure corrosion protection and the look of a new metal roof, Rust Grip is all you need.
- If you have a particular color in mind, you can top coat Rust Grip and clean firmly bonded paint with Enamo Grip. Enamo Grip which is a very hard enamel urethane can be custom tinted to any exact color specification or finish.
2. What do I need if a metal roof doesn’t have any rust but I just want to change the color?
- For older metal roofs where the paint is aged/faded but fully intact with no rust bleeding, or peeling, Enamo Grip can be applied right over it. Enamo Grip can be easily brushed, rolled, or sprayed on with a standard airless sprayer.
3. What color top coats do you have?
- As many commercial and industrial users are very particular about the colors they use, Enamo Grip, our architectural/industrial grade enamel urethane top coat, is often custom tinted and finished to an exact specification or matched to a competitors color. We have some standard colors in stock as well.
4. Are your coatings fade resistant for roofs or for other areas that are in direct sun?
- Rust Grip and Enamo Grip are fully UV stable and highly resistant to fading, chalking, or peeling. They are designed for industrial and commercial applications under the harshest (such as marine) conditions.
5. Can your coatings be applied to other roof substrates like asphalt shingles, TPO, or concrete?
- Yes. As the coatings required will vary depending on the type and condition of the substrate and what you are looking to accomplish (waterproofing, solar heat reflection, etc.), please contact us.
Have Any Questions?
Call us at 917-836-7816 for more information about our products or services
Monday - Friday
9:00AM - 5:00PM