Super Therm®: Heat Reflective Thermal Ceramic Paint
Super Therm® is a ceramic, water-based, heat reflective thermal coating designed to block heat load, moisture penetration, and air infiltration from reaching a surface. The net effect can significantly reduce energy costs making it an ideal solution for many applications. You can use Super Therm® to insulate and reduce heat for: metal warehouse/storage buildings, shingle, EPDM, and metal roofs, HVAC housings, air intakes, shipping containers, quonset huts, sheds, refrigerated trucks, animal trailers, condensation reduction, and more…
Air Intake Uncoated – 160.9°F Coated with Super Therm – 90.2°F
(For project information related to these photos that were taken with an infrared camera, click the SERVICES tab on the menu at the top of the page and scroll down to the Coating Projects And Case Studies section.)
Super Therm® contains 4 unique ceramics to block as much as 95% of the three radiation sources from the sun (99% of Ultra Violet Radiation (UV), 92% of Visual Light, 99.5% of Infrared).
It absorbs almost no solar or convective heat. A minimal application thickness of 1/100th inch (10 mils dft) effectively blocks heat transfer and repels it from the surface. Super Therm® is a flexible insulation coating with low permeability that can greatly extend the useful life of a roof by reducing expansion and contraction (material fatigue) of the substrates. When applied to metal surface, it prevents condensation, corrosion, and surface deterioration as well as keeping it cool while in direct sunlight.
Have Any Questions? Call Us!
Major corporations around the world have applied Super Therm® to the exterior roofs and walls of their plants to insulate, weatherize, and reflect heat off of them. It has a proven 20+ year history of lowering energy use (HVAC) inside a structure by up to 70%. This results in substantial savings on monthly energy costs. Using Super Therm® on refrigerated trucks can also result in significant cost savings. Qualified as a 20 year roof coating by ENERGY STAR, Super Therm® is the most effective and longest lasting ceramic insulation coating on the market. We are authorized distributors for Super Therm® and ship it throughout the US.
Super Therm Benefits
- Energy savings of 20-70% depending on use and application. Greater savings can be seen with cooler buildings and freezers.
- Environmentally Friendly – Super Therm is certified environmentally safe and eco-effective by MBDC LLC (Cradle to Cradle certification – Gold Certificate) and is approved by the USDA for use in and around food preparation areas.
- UL, FM, ABS and USDA approved
- Low VOC water based coating, 21 grams/liter
- The only ceramic coating rated as an insulator by BOCA (U.S. Building Code).
- Reflects 68% of sound waves that contact it.
- Creates a moisture-resistant barrier to resist condensation, mold and mildew (ASTM D 7088;9/10 per Buckman Laboratories)
- ICC approved, CRCC Listing – selected Energy Star® with only a 0.6% drop in three years (less than 1% loss of reflectivity on the same roof area after three years weathering)
- Energy Star qualified as a 20 year roof coating.
- Class A fire rating. In case of fire, Super Therm will help to prevent spread of, and will not contribute to, the burn.
- Approved Water barrier under ASTM testing D6904 and D7088.
Super Therm Uses
Commercial, Industrial, and Residential:
- Reduces energy costs and increases comfort by coating roofing and interior or exterior walls to keep heat in during winter or heat out during the summer
- Reduces risk of condensation and corrosion on HVAC systems and cold water pipes
- Insulate air conditioning unit outer casings to prevent reductions in efficiency due to heat build up inside the housing
- Insulates oil and gas storage tanks to prevent evaporation and heat build-up
- Insulates freezers or refrigeration units to protect goods and reduce costs
- Reduces fuel consumption with refrigerated trucks
- Protects goods by insulating long haul trailers designed to carry perishables
- Provides a fire-resistant coating for substrates. Super Therm has a “0″ fire and smoke spread and will not contribute to flame
- Insulates concrete decking around swimming pools to provide a cool sitting and walking surface
Need more information? We look forward to helping you get the best results for your project.
Super Therm: Proof that Super Therm Outperforms Traditional Insulation
The ASTM C-236 Heat Transfer (Guarded Hot Box) test was performed with Super Therm to determine the BTU/in./sq.ft/hour/F and conductivity performance of Super Therm so that a comparison could be made with traditional insulation. Since this test, many facts have come to light concerning the test methods and procedures used by the traditional insulation industry to demonstrate insulation (R) rating.
These results are astounding! Super Therm is 296% more effective than traditional insulation under identical conditions and shown to be stable all day in field studies by Sony, UPS and others.
* Tested by Owens Corning Insulation for Mechanical Systems 2002.
Super Therm FAQ
1. What is the difference between Super Therm® and other white reflective roof coatings?
2. How can Super Therm® extend the life of a roof aside from just coating it?
3. Can Super Therm® be used for flat roofing?
4. Are there any current formulas and related ASTM testing to correctly test the effects of a ceramic coating used as insulation?
5. Can Super Therm® be applied to metal? Wood? Other surfaces?
Super Therm® can be applied to a variety of surfaces on its own or with Super Base (HS) or SP Primer as a base coat for sealing.
1. Aged or Peppered Steel and Aluminum – apply directly
2. Wood – prime with Super Base (HS)
3. Rusty surfaces – prime with Rust Grip®
4. Very dark surfaces – prime with Super Base (HS)
5. Tar – prime with Super Base (HS)
6. Polyurethane foam – prime with Super Base (HS)
7. Concrete – prime with Rust Grip® or Super Base (HS).
8. Damaged concrete – clean and strengthen the concrete with SP Interlock and Rust Grip® before application
9. Wet surfaces – apply top coat of Enamo Grip or SP Seal Coat
6. How is Super Therm® sold?
Super Therm® Documentation
Unique Home insulated exclusively with Super Therm®!
Field Testing – Actual Energy Savings
Super Therm® Certifications-Lab Tests
For the most updated Super Therm Tech Data Sheet, Application Instructions, and SDS Sheet, please contact us.
Have Any Questions?
Call us at 917-836-7816 for more information about our products or services
Monday - Friday
9:00AM - 5:00PM