Super Therm®: Reflective Thermoceramic Insulation Coating
Super Therm® is a ceramic, water-based, insulation coating designed to block heat load, moisture penetration, and air infiltration from reaching a surface. The net effect reduces energy costs making it an ideal solution for many applications. Use Super Therm® for: HVAC, cool roof/white roofs, shipping containers, refrigerated trucks, condensation reduction, and more…
It absorbs almost no solar or convective heat. A minimal application thickness of 1/100th inch (10 mils dft) effectively blocks heat transfer and repels it from the surface. Super Therm® is a flexible membrane with low permeability that can greatly extend the useful life of a roof by reducing expansion and contraction (material fatigue) of the substrates. When applied to metal surface, it prevents condensation, corrosion, and surface deterioration.
Have Any Questions? Call Us!
Major corporations around the world have applied Super Therm® to the exterior roofs and walls of their plants to insulate, weatherize, and protect them. The coating has a proven 18-year history of lowering energy use (HVAC) inside a structure by up to 70%. This results in substantial savings on monthly energy costs. Using Super Therm® on refrigerated trucks can also result in significant cost savings. Qualified as a 20 year roof coating by ENERGY STAR, Super Therm® is the most effective and longest lasting ceramic coating on the market.
Super Therm Benefits
- Energy savings of 20-70% depending on use and application. Greater savings can be seen with cooler buildings and freezers.
- Environmentally Friendly – Super Therm is certified environmentally safe and eco-effective by MBDC LLC (Cradle to Cradle certification – Gold Certificate) and is approved by the USDA for use in and around food preparation areas.
- UL, FM, ABS and USDA approved
- Low VOC water based coating, 21 grams/liter
- The only ceramic coating rated as an insulator by BOCA (U.S. Building Code).
- Reflects 68% of sound waves that contact it.
- Creates a moisture-resistant barrier to resist condensation, mold and mildew (ASTM D 7088;9/10 per Buckman Laboratories)
- ICC approved, CRCC Listing – selected Energy Star® with only a 0.6% drop in three years (less than 1% loss of reflectivity on the same roof area after three years weathering)
- Energy Star qualified as a 20 year roof coating.
- Class A fire rating. In case of fire, Super Therm will help to prevent spread of, and will not contribute to, the burn.
- Approved Water barrier under ASTM testing D6904 and D7088.
Super Therm Uses
Commercial, Industrial, and Residential:
- Reduces energy costs and increases comfort by coating roofing and interior or exterior walls to keep heat in during winter or heat out during the summer
- Reduces risk of condensation and corrosion on HVAC systems and cold water pipes
- Insulate air conditioning unit outer casings to prevent reductions in efficiency due to heat build up inside the housing
- Insulates oil and gas storage tanks to prevent evaporation and heat build-up
- Insulates freezers or refrigeration units to protect goods and reduce costs
- Reduces fuel consumption with refrigerated trucks
- Protects goods by insulating long haul trailers designed to carry perishables
- Provides a fire-resistant coating for substrates. Super Therm has a “0″ fire and smoke spread and will not contribute to flame
- Insulates concrete decking around swimming pools to provide a cool sitting and walking surface
Super Therm: Proof that Super Therm Outperforms Traditional Insulation
The ASTM C-236 Heat Transfer (Guarded Hot Box) test was performed with Super Therm to determine the BTU/in./sq.ft/hour/F and conductivity performance of Super Therm so that a comparison could be made with traditional insulation. Since this test, many facts have come to light concerning the test methods and procedures used by the traditional insulation industry to demonstrate insulation (R) rating.
These results are astounding! Super Therm is 296% more effective than traditional insulation under identical conditions and shown to be stable all day in field studies by Sony, UPS and others.
* Tested by Owens Corning Insulation for Mechanical Systems 2002.
Super Therm FAQ
1. What is the difference between Super Therm® and other white reflective roof coatings?
2. How can Super Therm® extend the life of a roof aside from just coating it?
3. Can Super Therm® be used for flat roofing?
4. What is the value of Super Therm® when used inside of buildings?
5. Is Super Therm® rated or certified R-19 like 6-8” of traditional insulation?
6. What is the basis for the Insulation Equivalent value?
7. Are there any current formulas and related ASTM testing to correctly test the effects of a ceramic coating used as insulation?
8. Can Super Therm® be applied to metal? Wood? Other surfaces?
Super Therm® can be applied to a variety of surfaces on its own or with Super Base (HS) or SP Primer as a base coat for sealing.
1. Aged or Peppered Steel and Aluminum – apply directly
2. Wood – prime with Super Base (HS)
3. Rusty surfaces – prime with Rust Grip®
4. Very dark surfaces – prime with Super Base (HS)
5. Tar – prime with Super Base (HS)
6. Polyurethane foam – prime with Super Base (HS)
7. Concrete – prime with Rust Grip® or Super Base (HS).
8. Damaged concrete – clean and strengthen the concrete with SP Interlock and Rust Grip® before application
9. Wet surfaces – apply top coat of Enamo Grip or SP Seal Coat
10. How is Super Therm® sold?
Have Any Questions?
Call us at 917-836-7816 for more information about our products or services